Last Sunday I went to another Raw Tassie picnic. A desire for a nice, light, fruity cake came to my mind, and so I made this impromptu tropical fruit cake. I completely improvised this and I am sure you can make different cakes using a similar idea. The cake is really easy to make yet it looks and tastes really really good. Enjoy!
- Prepare the same day. Use a round cake tin with a removable side (remove it just before serving).
- First, blend some almonds (perhaps 2 cups or so), sprinkle a 1/3 of this onto the base of the cake tin. Next, sprinkle some grated coconut.
- Then make a layer of sliced bananas, a layer of sliced papaya, a layer of sliced mangoes (slices well packed one next to another to cover well).
- If you have young coconuts (I did not), blend the meat and spread the cream on top of that.
- Next, repeat the sprinkle of almonds, grated coconut and the layers of fruit as above.
- Further, blend 10 soft dates with some water and spread it on top of the cake. Sprinkle with almonds and grated coconut again.
- Decorate with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes. Done.